tel: 01752 668246
Download Jim’s details as a vCard.
James (Jim) Bedford joined Gard & Co in 1989 and has acquired over two decades of experience in successfully bringing claims in substantial personal injury cases. His caseload nowadays comprises a broad range of claims typically worth more than £100,000.00. He is a robust advocate with meticulous attention for detail and a down to earth approach. He is committed to achieving the very best outcome for his clients.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and is also a longstanding member of the Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme.
He is instructed in accident and disease claims and his experience includes:
- road traffic accidents (including motorcycle and cyclists)
- accidents at work
- fatal claims
- catastrophic injury claims involving:
- amputation injury
- spinal injury
- brain injury
- industrial disease claims involving:
- asbestos related injury
- occupational asthma
- hearing loss
Recently settled cases:
- workplace accident causing hind quarter amputation (leg, part pelvis and severe internal injuries). Claim included earnings, care, accommodation and mobility aids. Settled for circa £1,000,000.
- jet ski accident causing amputation of hand. Involved claims for private provision of prosthetics, including Michelangelo Bionic Hand that received media attention. Settled for circa £750,000.
- fatal workplace accident of self-employed builder leading to dependency awards for surviving father and siblings
- road traffic accident involving one fatality and life changing injuries to passenger, who suffered bilateral leg injuries. The case involved an uninsured driver and issues surrounding liability of Motor Insurers Bureau. Settled for circa £350,000.