Residential Development Solicitors
Our residential development solicitors understand that the crucial objective for both large and small builders in any residential development is to dispose of plots as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We can deal with all aspects of residential development, including:
- helping to secure the most appropriately structured finance
- the establishment of joint ventures
- site acquisition, stamp duty mitigation, environmental issues and due diligence generally
- acquiring necessary rights and easements
- release or variation of restrictive covenants
- planning agreements
- negotiation of building contracts and collateral warranties
- negotiation and completion of road and drainage agreements
- the preparation and review of contract and transfer documents
- liaison with the land registry to agree boundaries, estate layout plan and model transfer/lease documents
- the inclusion of the right balance of covenants to facilitate the smooth day to day running of the development
- the creation of a management company to provide services at the development (if required) and the transfer of the freehold title to that company
- the disposal of residential units, freehold or leasehold
Careful planning and meticulous attention to detail at the acquisition stage will allow you to develop the site without subsequent legal difficulties. And because your title documentation should satisfy even the most painstaking of buyers’ solicitor, it will also save time and money later when dealing with disposal.
We also understand that (in most circumstances) you do not want to have any part of the title or any responsibility for the land remaining with you once the development is complete, as can often happen if the disposals are not dealt with carefully.
For further advice or to instruct us please contact our business law solicitors, Steven, Simon, Chris or Rebecca on 01752 668246 or send an email by clicking here.
If you are looking for a residential development solicitor in Plymouth, Plympton, Plymstock and the surrounding area, choose the Plymouth residential development solicitors, Gard & Co. Solicitors.