Separation Agreements

Family Law - Separation solicitors image for separation agreements page

If you are contemplating separation or have already separated from your partner you may wish to consider entering into a Separation Agreement.

If you have been married or in a civil partnership for less than a year you cannot issue divorce or dissolution proceedings because of the ‘one year rule’.  A separation agreement can regulate and set out financial arrangements agreed between you as a couple in the event of a subsequent divorce or dissolution.

You may also consider a separation agreement if you are having a ‘trial’ separation before deciding to commence divorce or dissolution proceedings.

How our separation solicitors can help

A separation agreement is not wholly binding in legal terms.  However, a Court will usually uphold one if it has been negotiated between the parties with the benefit of each party having had independent legal advice. A separation solicitor can guide you through the process to ensure you are protected.

Why instruct Gard & Co?

Please click here to find out why you might benefit from instructing one of our separation solicitors.

For further advice or to arrange a free initial consultation please contact our separation solicitors Rachel, Amanda, Kathryn or Jonathon on Plymouth 01752 668246 or send an email by clicking here.

Rachel Shoheth
Amanda Lyons
Kathryn Akintunde
Jonathon Yates

If you are looking for a separation solicitor in Plymouth, Plympton, Plymstock and the surrounding area, choose the Plymouth separation law firm, Gard & Co. Solicitors.